These parfaits are as irresistible as they are stunning.
- 1 quart strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 7 ½ tablespoons sugar
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ¾ teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 8 ounces crumbled store-bought coconut macaroons
- 1 Mix strawberries and 6 Tbs. of the sugar in a bowl; let stand until berries release their liquid, 30 to 60 minutes.
- 2 When ready to assemble dessert, beat cream and orange zest to soft peaks, gradually adding remaining 1 1/2 Tbs. sugar.
- 3 Pour 6 Tbs. of the strawberry juice that has collected in the bowl over the crumbled macaroons. Toss to coat.
- 4 To assemble, choose six goblets that hold at least 12 ounces; in each, make two layers in the following order: scant 1/4 cup macaroons, scant 1/4 cup whipped cream, 1/4 cup strawberries. Refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 2 hours.
- Calories 472.9
- Carbohydrate 48.4 g
- Cholesterol 81.5 mg
- Fat 30.9 g
- Fiber 4 g
- Protein 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Sodium 114.9 mg
- Sugar 37.8 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.