A gelato dish from northern Italy enjoyed by all. Garnish with whole strawberries.
- 3 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- 1 Place strawberries into a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Pour puree through a fine-meshed sieve or strainer over a large bowl. Press on the berries using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to extract all juices; discard solids.
- 2 Combine mascarpone cheese, milk, sugar, lemon juice, and salt in the blender or food processor; blend until smooth. Pour into strawberry puree and stir well. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 3 hours to overnight.
- 3 Place chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions, about 20 minutes. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until firm, 2 hours to overnight.
- 4 Let gelato sit at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Calories 305.9
- Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Cholesterol 50.7 mg
- Fat 18.9 g
- Fiber 1.5 g
- Protein 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Sodium 85.5 mg
- Sugar 30.6 g