Fresh strawberries with fresh mint and a light syrup are topped with ice cream then whipped cream. This is a delicious and tantalizing summer dessert!
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, quartered
- 6 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup whipped cream for garnish
- 4 fresh mint leaves for garnish
- 1 Mix the strawberries with the mint in a bowl.
- 2 Combine the water and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until mixture reaches a thin syrup consistency, about 3 minutes.
- 3 Drizzle syrup over the strawberries and mint and toss gently. Divide berries into four serving cups. Top each with ice cream and a dollop of whipped cream. Garnish with a mint leaf.
- Calories 301.7
- Carbohydrate 20 g
- Cholesterol 90.8 mg
- Fat 24.6 g
- Fiber 1.9 g
- Protein 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Sodium 40.8 mg
- Sugar 15.1 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.