This strawberry pound cake is a recipe to write home to mama about.
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 ¼ cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups cake flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a fluted tube pan (such as Bundt®).
- 2 Beat butter and cream cheese together in a large mixing bowl until smooth. Add sugar and beat until smooth and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and beat in eggs one at a time. Add 1 cup of flour and baking powder and mix until smooth. Beat in another 1 cup of flour until smooth; mix in remaining flour. Fold in strawberries gently. Spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Run a table knife around the edges to loosen. Invert carefully onto a serving plate or cooling rack. Let cool completely and serve.
- Calories 665.9
- Carbohydrate 76.2 g
- Cholesterol 172.2 mg
- Fat 37.8 g
- Fiber 1.2 g
- Protein 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 23.1 g
- Sodium 123.5 mg
- Sugar 46.9 g