- Published Aug 6th
- Ready In55m
Stuffed Acorn Squash II Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Stuffed Acorn Squash II for 2 servings:
- 1 halved lengthwise and seeded
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- 1/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 pound ground pork sausage
- vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 ounces Cheddar cheese, cubed
Stuffed Acorn Squash II Cooking Instructions
- Ready In55m
To cook Stuffed Acorn Squash II, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Stuffed Acorn Squash II is about 35 minutes , and you can serve your Stuffed Acorn Squash II within 55 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Stuffed Acorn Squash II easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Sprinkle squash with salt and pepper, and lightly spray with cooking oil. Place in a baking dish flesh side down, and cover with plastic wrap.
- 3 Microwave on high for 10 to 15 minutes, or until flesh is fork-tender.
- 4 Meanwhile, cook beef and pork in 1 tablespoon of oil on medium high heat until well browned, stirring frequently to crumble. Drain, and set aside. In the same skillet, cook the onion and garlic until onion is translucent. Combine beef and pork with cheese and onions, and spoon mixture into squash halves.
- 5 Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and squash is lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 588 calories; 36.6 grams of fat; 41 grams of carbohydrates; 27.9 grams of protein; 97 milligrams of cholesterol; 1512 milligrams of sodium.