- Published Aug 11th
- Ready In30m
Stuffed Acorn Squash Supreme Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Stuffed Acorn Squash Supreme for 4 servings:
- 1 (6 ounce) package broccoli and cheese flavored rice mix
- 1 pound turkey breakfast sausage
- 1 medium acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 2 teaspoons crushed coriander seed
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Stuffed Acorn Squash Supreme Cooking Instructions
- Ready In30m
To cook Stuffed Acorn Squash Supreme, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Stuffed Acorn Squash Supreme is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Stuffed Acorn Squash Supreme within 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Stuffed Acorn Squash Supreme easily:
- 1 Prepare rice mix according to package directions; cover, and set aside.
- 2 Place squash halves cut side down onto a plate. Cook the squash in a microwave oven for 5 minutes on High, until tender but firm.
- 3 In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until evenly browned; drain, and set aside.
- 4 In a large bowl, mix together the prepared rice, sausage, apple, and coriander. Stuff each squash half with the mixture.
- 5 Cover stuffed squash halves with plastic wrap, and heat in the microwave until squash is cooked through and soft, about 5 minutes. Remove plastic, and top stuffed squash with cheese. Continue to cook until cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
Per Serving: 532 calories; 27.1 grams of fat; 43.1 grams of carbohydrates; 33.7 grams of protein; 108 milligrams of cholesterol; 1408 milligrams of sodium.