- Published Aug 11th
- Ready In30m
Acorn squash is partially cooked in the microwave, then filled with turkey sausage, broccoli, cheese, rice, and apples.
Stuffed Acorn Squash Supreme Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Stuffed Acorn Squash Supreme for 4 servings:
- 1 (6 ounce) package broccoli and cheese flavored rice mix
- 1 pound turkey breakfast sausage
- 1 medium acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 2 teaspoons crushed coriander seed
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Stuffed Acorn Squash Supreme Cooking Instructions
- Ready In30m
To cook Stuffed Acorn Squash Supreme, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Stuffed Acorn Squash Supreme is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Stuffed Acorn Squash Supreme within 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Stuffed Acorn Squash Supreme easily:
- 1 Prepare rice mix according to package directions; cover, and set aside.
- 2 Place squash halves cut side down onto a plate. Cook the squash in a microwave oven for 5 minutes on High, until tender but firm.
- 3 In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until evenly browned; drain, and set aside.
- 4 In a large bowl, mix together the prepared rice, sausage, apple, and coriander. Stuff each squash half with the mixture.
- 5 Cover stuffed squash halves with plastic wrap, and heat in the microwave until squash is cooked through and soft, about 5 minutes. Remove plastic, and top stuffed squash with cheese. Continue to cook until cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
Per Serving: 532 calories; 27.1 grams of fat; 43.1 grams of carbohydrates; 33.7 grams of protein; 108 milligrams of cholesterol; 1408 milligrams of sodium.