- Published May 22nd
- Ready In1h 20m
Stuffed Green Peppers Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Stuffed Green Peppers for 4 servings:
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 green bell peppers
- 16 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
Stuffed Green Peppers Cooking Instructions
- Cook1h 5m
- Ready In1h 20m
To cook Stuffed Green Peppers, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Stuffed Green Peppers is about 1 hour 5 minutes , and you can serve your Stuffed Green Peppers within 1 hour 20 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Stuffed Green Peppers easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2 In a saucepan bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3 Combine cooked rice with black beans and chili powder. Cut the tops off of the peppers and remove the ribs and seeds. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the rice and bean mixture into the bottoms of the peppers. Lay a slice of cheese on top and repeat 3 more times, ending with cheese on top.
- 4 Bake in preheated oven until peppers soften, about 45 minutes.
- 5 Meanwhile, heat tomato sauce in a small saucepan over low to medium heat. Slice peppers in half, top with tomato sauce and serve.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 675 calories; 32.7 grams of fat; 59.6 grams of carbohydrates; 37 grams of protein; 104 milligrams of cholesterol; 792 milligrams of sodium.