My husband and I love seafood, especially lobster. So I found a new way to prepare one of our favorites. It makes for a very special dinner. Enjoy!
- 1 (1 1/2) pound fresh lobster
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil. Add the lobster and cook for 8 minutes. Remove from the water and set aside to cool slightly.
- 2 Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C). When the lobster is cool enough, split it in half lengthwise using a large chef's knife. Remove the dark strip if present. Remove the tomalley to a bowl and mix with the bread crumbs, butter, salt, pepper and tarragon. Stuff this mixture on top of the lobster meat still in the shell and place lobster halves in a baking dish. Drizzle oil over the top.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven until the stuffing is browned, about 20 minutes.
- Calories 817.6
- Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 445.5 mg
- Fat 54.5 g
- Fiber 0.7 g
- Protein 66.5 g
- Saturated Fat 30.6 g
- Sodium 2651.5 mg
- Sugar 1 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.