When you combine tender sugar snap peas with fresh blueberries, a fruity dressing, and a bit of crunch from the almonds, you’re in for a treat. This will make 6 side salads or 4 main course salads.
- 1 pound sugar snap peas
- 1 ½ cups arugula-baby spinach combo
- ⅓ cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 1 Cut ends off snap peas and pull off the tough strings running up the sides.
- 2 Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add snap peas, cover, and steam for 1 minute or until you reach desired tenderness. Don't overcook because you still want a little crunch.
- 3 Transfer peas to a bowl of ice water for a few minutes to stop the cooking and retain the bright green color; drain well. Transfer peas to a large bowl and add arugula-spinach combo and 2/3 cup blueberries.
- 4 Combine oil, blueberries, vinegar, and honey for dressing in a food processor or blender; process until smooth.
- 5 Drizzle dressing over salad mixture and toss until well coated. Sprinkle almonds over the top and serve.
- Calories 151.4
- Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Fat 9.8 g
- Fiber 2.5 g
- Protein 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Sodium 3.1 mg
- Sugar 6 g