I was asked to take a salad to a backyard get-together and didn’t want to just take the same old thing, so I came up with this recipe, which combines features of several different salads I’ve had in the past. Look for my recipes for balsamic vinaigrette and creamy orange soy dressings on this site. Both are excellent with this salad.
- 1 ½ cups walnut pieces
- 1 pint strawberries, quartered
- 1 (10 ounce) bag iceberg salad
- 1 (5 ounce) bag baby spinach
- 1 (4 ounce) container crumbled feta cheese
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread walnuts on a baking sheet.
- 2 Toast in preheated oven until walnuts start to turn golden brown and become fragrant, 5 to 7 minutes. Let cool, about 5 minutes.
- 3 Toss toasted walnuts, strawberries, iceberg salad, baby spinach, feta cheese, red onion, and black pepper together in a large bowl.
- Calories 423.1
- Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 25.1 mg
- Fat 35.9 g
- Fiber 6.7 g
- Protein 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7 g
- Sodium 352.8 mg
- Sugar 8.9 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.