Spiced up orzo salad with fresh veggies. It goes great with grilled meats and vegetables. Take it out of the fridge and add a splash of olive oil 30 minutes before serving.
- 6 ounces uncooked orzo pasta
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup chopped cucumber
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salad seasoning mix (such as McCormick® Salad Supreme Seasoning)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook orzo in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes.
- 2 While pasta is cooking, place peas, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, artichokes, and tomato into a large bowl and toss.
- 3 Drain cooked orzo, but do not rinse or cool. Toss hot pasta with the veggies in the bowl and mix in vinegar, seasoning mix, and oil.
- 4 Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours, or overnight. Serve.
- Calories 87.8
- Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Fat 3 g
- Fiber 1.1 g
- Protein 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Sodium 115 mg
- Sugar 1.4 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.