- Published Mar 17th
- Ready In8h 45m
Sun-Dried Tomato and Pesto Cheese Spread Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Sun-Dried Tomato and Pesto Cheese Spread for 52 servings:
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 2/3 cups softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/3 cups sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 3/4 cup butter
- salt and pepper to taste
Sun-Dried Tomato and Pesto Cheese Spread Cooking Instructions
- Ready In8h 45m
To cook Sun-Dried Tomato and Pesto Cheese Spread, you need about 45 minutes of preparation time. The following are the steps to cook Sun-Dried Tomato and Pesto Cheese Spread easily:
- 1 Chop the garlic in a food processor. Mix in basil, lemon juice, pine nuts and olive oil. Process until well blended. Mix in 1/3 cup cream cheese and Parmesan cheese. Blend using pulse setting until almost smooth. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl.
- 2 Coarsely chop sun-dried tomatoes in the food processor. Mix in tomato paste and 1/3 cup cream cheese. Blend until smooth.
- 3 Place 2 cups cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until fluffy. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4 Lightly grease a 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Line dish with plastic wrap so that the wrap extends over sides of the dish.
- 5 Evenly spread 3/4 cup cream cheese and butter mixture in the prepared dish. Layer alternately with 1/2 the sun-dried tomato mixture, 1/2 cup cream cheese and butter mixture and 1/2 the pesto mixture. Repeat layering, topping with remaining cream cheese and butter mixture. Cover and chill in the refrigerator 8 hours, or overnight.
- 6 Carefully invert dish onto a platter and remove plastic to serve.
Per Serving: 83 calories; 8.2 grams of fat; 1.5 grams of carbohydrates; 1.5 gram of protein; 20 milligrams of cholesterol; 81 milligrams of sodium.