If you think of a frittata as something that can only be served at brunchtime or on weekends, think again. This easy frittata recipe with Jimmy Dean Premium Pork Sausage, cheese, and veggies will brighten up any morning of the week.
- cooking spray
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 (1-pound) package Jimmy Dean Premium Pork Sausage
- 1 ½ cups arugula
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray a cast iron skillet or 8-inch cake pan with oil and set aside. In a bowl, beat eggs and milk together until they are an even consistency. Add cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and mix.
- 2 In a small frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat for about 30 seconds. Add Jimmy Dean sausage and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until browned, stirring frequently to break up the sausage into small pieces, then drain.
- 3 Place sausage, arugula, and tomatoes in the sprayed pan and spread into an even layer. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and sausage. Put the pan into the oven and cook for about 20 minutes, until the center is set.
- 4 Carefully remove the frittata from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.