- Published Aug 31st
- Ready In30m
Superfood Blueberry Muffins Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Superfood Blueberry Muffins for 14 servings:
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 6 ounces Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons skim milk, or as needed (optional)
- 1 cup blueberries, or more to taste
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
Superfood Blueberry Muffins Cooking Instructions
- Ready In30m
To cook Superfood Blueberry Muffins, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Superfood Blueberry Muffins is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Superfood Blueberry Muffins within 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Superfood Blueberry Muffins easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- 2 Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl; stir in applesauce, yogurt, 1/4 cup skim milk, vegetable oil, and egg. If the dough us a bit too dry, add extra milk 1 tablespoon at a time. Batter should be about the consistency of a thick oatmeal.
- 3 Fold blueberries and walnuts into the batter. Spoon into prepared muffin cups until almost full.
- 4 Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- The recipe could be easily modified to reduce the fat content (add more applesauce and use less oil) and you could use less sugar if you don't have a sweet tooth.
- Either plain or flavored Greek yogurt can be used.
- If you taste the batter before you bake, don't be worried about the yogurt taste. Once baked, there is little to no trace of the yogurt. Plain or flavored yogurt will work fine in this recipe.
Per Serving: 183 calories; 8.7 grams of fat; 23.9 grams of carbohydrates; 4.5 grams of protein; 16 milligrams of cholesterol; 207 milligrams of sodium.