Looking for a good Swedish meatball recipe? Here is your find! Swedish crispbread can be substituted for the saltine crackers.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, finely diced
- ½ cup crushed saltine crackers
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 packet dry white sauce mix
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Melt butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 3 Mix cracker crumbs, ground beef, egg, nutmeg, and allspice with the onion until blended. Shape into 1 1/2 inch (4 centimeter) meatballs, and place in a glass baking dish. Sprinkle with minced garlic, and cover with foil.
- 4 Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- 5 Meanwhile, make white sauce, following the directions on the packet. Stir in dill, sage, flour, and whipping cream.
- 6 Turn off oven, and remove foil cover from meatballs. Pour sauce over meatballs, and leave in hot oven for 10 minutes.
- Calories 369.5
- Carbohydrate 13 g
- Cholesterol 125.7 mg
- Fat 24.6 g
- Fiber 0.9 g
- Protein 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Sodium 428.5 mg
- Sugar 1 g