- Published Jun 30th
Sweet And Sour Chicken Meatballs Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Sweet And Sour Chicken Meatballs for 4 servings:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large carrots, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 slice white bread
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 zucchini, shredded
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups instant rice
Sweet And Sour Chicken Meatballs Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Sweet And Sour Chicken Meatballs easily:
- 1 Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion, green pepper, and carrot. Cook for 5 minutes, until onion is softened. Stir in broth, tomato sauce, brown sugar, white vinegar, pineapple with juice, and ketchup. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- 2 Meanwhile, soak bread in milk in a large bowl until milk is absorbed. Mix together with ground chicken, shredded zucchini, egg, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Shape into 12 meatballs, about 2 tablespoons each.
- 3 Drop meatballs into simmering sauce. Cook 15 minutes, or until cooked through, turn over once during cooking.
- 4 Remove skillet from heat. Stir in rice. Cover, and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff rice with fork before serving.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 754 calories; 11.9 grams of fat; 152.3 grams of carbohydrates; 17.9 grams of protein; 47 milligrams of cholesterol; 1778 milligrams of sodium.