This dish is easy, tangy and terrific. The sweet and sour tastes come with a twist, using fruit preserves instead of the usual fare. Great served with rice.
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 (10 fluid ounce) bottle Russian-style salad dressing
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 2 (1 ounce) packages dry onion soup mix
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Wash the chicken, pat dry and arrange in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- 3 Mix Russian dressing, preserves and soup mix together in a bowl and spoon the mixture over the chicken pieces. Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, occasionally spooning the sauce over the chicken.
- Calories 820.3
- Carbohydrate 57.1 g
- Cholesterol 170.3 mg
- Fat 46.6 g
- Fiber 1.6 g
- Protein 43.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Sodium 1422.7 mg
- Sugar 44.5 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.