- Published Jun 13th
- Ready In27m
Sweet and Sour Green Beans Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Sweet and Sour Green Beans for 6 servings:
- 2 (15 ounce) cans green beans, drained, juices reserved
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Sweet and Sour Green Beans Cooking Instructions
- Ready In27m
To cook Sweet and Sour Green Beans, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Sweet and Sour Green Beans is about 17 minutes , and you can serve your Sweet and Sour Green Beans within 27 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Sweet and Sour Green Beans easily:
- 1 Cook bacon in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until well-browned. Add onion and cook until translucent. Stir in flour and cook 2 minutes more.
- 2 Pour vinegar and 3/4 cup of the reserved green bean liquid into the pan. Add sugar, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and stir in the green beans. Continue cooking at a low simmer until beans are hot.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 83 calories; 2 grams of fat; 12.6 grams of carbohydrates; 3.3 grams of protein; 5 milligrams of cholesterol; 893 milligrams of sodium.