One of my clients gave me a shorter version of this recipe before I left work for the day. Added a couple of things to it and loved it. Thanks a lot, Laurie. You were right — good meal! This sauce goes well with rice or with pita bread. What’s great about this recipe is you can add as much spice as you would like.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 pounds ground turkey thigh meat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- ½ cup bottled sweet chili sauce
- ½ cup coconut milk
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Heat the sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook the turkey with onion and garlic in the oil until the meat is no longer pink, 10 to 15 minutes. Chop the meat up into crumbles as it cooks. Stir in the garbanzo beans, tomatoes, curry powder, chili sauce, and coconut milk; bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Season with salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Calories 424.4
- Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Cholesterol 111.7 mg
- Fat 18.9 g
- Fiber 5.6 g
- Protein 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7 g
- Sodium 706.1 mg
- Sugar 5.9 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.