This sweet and spicy garlic kielbasa is rich and smooth with a spicy pop for the tongue! The sauteed herb spaetzle balances the spice just perfectly!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 ½ tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
- 5 cups water, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (13 ounce) packages kielbasa sausage, sliced into bite-size pieces
- 1 Mix flour, basil, parsley, garlic salt, and pepper together in a large bowl, and make a well in the center of the mixture.
- 2 Whisk eggs and 1 cup water together in a medium bowl. Pour into the well in the flour. Stir until well combined; spaetzle dough will be thick and sticky.
- 3 Bring remaining 4 cups water to a boil in a pot over high heat; add salt.
- 4 Meanwhile, place spaetzle dough onto a cutting board. Slice off tiny dollops of dough, about the size of a pretzel stick, using a sharp knife. Drop into boiling water and cook until they float to the top of the pot, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer dollops to a bowl using a slotted spoon. Set aside.
- 5 Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add brown sugar, garlic, and cayenne and stir until sugar is melted, about 1 minute. Add kielbasa and cooked spaetzle to butter mixture; stir over medium-high heat until kielbasa is warmed, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Calories 522.6
- Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Cholesterol 147.7 mg
- Fat 31.9 g
- Fiber 1.4 g
- Protein 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Sodium 1819.6 mg
- Sugar 12.1 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.