- Published Feb 7th
- Ready In2h 20m
Sweet and Spicy Pecans Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Sweet and Spicy Pecans for 40 servings:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 5 cups hot water
- 10 cups pecan halves
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 5 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
Sweet and Spicy Pecans Cooking Instructions
- Ready In2h 20m
To cook Sweet and Spicy Pecans, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Sweet and Spicy Pecans is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Sweet and Spicy Pecans within 2 hours 20 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Sweet and Spicy Pecans easily:
- 1 Stir 1 cup sugar into the hot water in a large bowl until the sugar is completely dissolved. Soak the pecans in the water for 1 hour; drain.
- 2 Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line two 9x13 inch baking dishes with parchment paper.
- 3 Sift the 2/3 cup sugar, chili powder, and cayenne pepper together in a separate large bowl; add the pecans and toss to coat evenly. Spread the coated pecans in a single layer into the prepared dishes.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until the coating on the pecans are bubbly, stirring once, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the pecans from the pans immediately and spread onto a counter or other flat surface covered with parchment paper to cool.
- Editor's Note
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the sugar water in which you soak the pecans. The actual amount of the simple syrup consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 222 calories; 19.6 grams of fat; 12.7 grams of carbohydrates; 2.6 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 11 milligrams of sodium.