Skewers of peppercorn and garlic-seasoned pork with pineapple and bell pepper are broiled and brushed with a sweet-hot-sour glaze.
- 1 Smithfield® Peppercorn & Garlic Seasoned Boneless Pork Sirloin Roast, cut into 32 (1-inch) pieces
- ½ ripe pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 16 (1-inch) pieces
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 16 (1-inch) pieces
- 16 (6 inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes, drained
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning blend
- 1 Heat broiler with rack about 8 inches from heat source.
- 2 Thread 2 pieces of pork, 1 pineapple cube and 1 red pepper piece onto each skewer. Wrap exposed end of each skewer with foil to discourage scorching.
- 3 Mix honey, vinegar and jerk seasoning together for glaze.
- 4 Broil kabobs, turning occasionally, until pork is done, about 8 minutes. Generously brush kabobs with honey glaze during last 2 to 3 minutes.
- Calories 173.7
- Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 33 mg
- Fat 9.7 g
- Fiber 0.7 g
- Protein 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Sodium 87.6 mg
- Sugar 14.2 g