Garlic, crushed red pepper, and chili paste add heat; hoisin sauce and ginger sweeten the deal. Great served over jasmine rice!
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch strips
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon chile paste
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅓ cup chicken stock
- 1 Place broccoli in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 5 minutes.
- 2 Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the chicken, green onions, and garlic until the chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- 3 Stir the hoisin sauce, chile paste, and soy sauce into the skillet; season with ginger, red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Stir in the chicken stock and simmer about 2 minutes. Mix in the steamed broccoli until coated with the sauce mixture.
- Calories 155.9
- Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 36.2 mg
- Fat 6.2 g
- Fiber 2.3 g
- Protein 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Sodium 606.4 mg
- Sugar 3.3 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.