- Published Aug 22nd
- Ready In20m
Sweet Fried Summer Squash Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Sweet Fried Summer Squash for 6 servings:
- 2 yellow squash, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups shortening, melted
Sweet Fried Summer Squash Cooking Instructions
- Ready In20m
To cook Sweet Fried Summer Squash, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Sweet Fried Summer Squash is about 5 minutes , and you can serve your Sweet Fried Summer Squash within 20 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Sweet Fried Summer Squash easily:
- 1 Allow squash to rest for 5 minutes after cutting to release its moisture. Stir the flour, sugar, and salt together in a shallow bowl. Dredge the squash slices in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess, and set aside until needed.
- 2 Melt the shortening in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange the squash in a single layer in the skillet. Cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Editor's Note
- The nutritional analysis for this recipe reflects an estimated 10% of the oil for frying as well as the full amount of the coating and breading. Therefore, the values represented may not be accurate.
Per Serving: 719 calories; 68.6 grams of fat; 27.3 grams of carbohydrates; 1.7 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 2 milligrams of sodium.