This is a recipe handed down from my Italian grandmother. Go figure…it’s a Jewish Passover dish! Serve warm with cinnamon sugar or syrup, honey, or even powdered sugar. Double recipe to serve a bigger family.
- 5 matzo sheets
- 1 cup milk, or more as needed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons white sugar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter
- 1 Pass each matzo sheet under cool running water briefly, then crumble into a large bowl. Stir in 1 cup milk, eggs, cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla extract to form evenly moistened batter. Add more milk if batter is too dry.
- 2 Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Scoop a generous spoonful of dough onto skillet and flatten with a spatula. Cook until golden brown on each side, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Calories 221.5
- Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 79.4 mg
- Fat 13.4 g
- Fiber 0.9 g
- Protein 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Sodium 111.9 mg
- Sugar 5.4 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.