Multiply this basic recipe for sweet potatoes topped with zesty poblano soy butter, and serve a crowd. You can bake, steam, or cook the sweet potatoes in a microwave. Use a food processor or blender to prepare the soy spread, or simply mix the topping ingredients in a bowl. Regular butter can also be used.
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 fresh poblano pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup light soy butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Pierce the sweet potato in several places with a fork.
- 2 Roast the sweet potato in preheated oven until easily pierced with a fork, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- 3 Meanwhile, place the poblano pepper, soy butter, lime juice, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Process until well blended, about 1 minute. If not using immediately, place poblano-soy butter in a covered container and refrigerate up to 1 month.
- 4 To serve, slice the sweet potato in half and spread with 1 tablespoon poblano butter.
- Calories 180.8
- Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Fat 11.1 g
- Fiber 3 g
- Protein 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Sodium 127.6 mg
- Sugar 3.2 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.