I have made this several times for guest’s of mine, and they have all loved it. It’s a great Italian dish that doesn’t require a lot of work.
- 1 (16 ounce) package farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage links
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ large onion, sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Marsala wine
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- 2 Place whole sausages and 1/3 cup water in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cover, and cook 5 to 8 minutes. Drain and thinly slice.
- 3 Return sausage to skillet. Stir in garlic, onions, peppers, and Marsala wine. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until sausage is cooked through. Stir in diced tomatoes, black pepper, and oregano. Cook about 2 minutes more, then remove from heat. Serve over cooked pasta.
- Calories 509.5
- Carbohydrate 66.1 g
- Cholesterol 29.8 mg
- Fat 16.1 g
- Fiber 5 g
- Protein 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Sodium 740.6 mg
- Sugar 5.2 g