Try it. You’ll like it … These cabbage cousins, full of vitamin C, are now at the peak of their season.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup cashew pieces, toasted in a 350-degree oven until golden
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 In a medium saucepan, cook Brussels sprouts in 2/3 cup boiling water until crisp-tender, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- 2 In a medium bowl, combine oil, syrup, vinegar, mustard. Add Brussels sprouts, cashews, salt, pepper; toss.
- Calories 235.6
- Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Fat 15.3 g
- Fiber 3.5 g
- Protein 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Sodium 60.6 mg
- Sugar 12.4 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.