- Published Jan 1st
- Ready In2h 15m
Sweet Washington Cherry Pie Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Sweet Washington Cherry Pie for 6 servings:
- 2 cups pitted fresh dark sweet cherries, such as Bing or Lambert
- 1/3 cup bottled cherry juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small chunks
Sweet Washington Cherry Pie Cooking Instructions
- Ready In2h 15m
To cook Sweet Washington Cherry Pie, you need about 40 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Sweet Washington Cherry Pie is about 35 minutes , and you can serve your Sweet Washington Cherry Pie within 2 hours 15 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Sweet Washington Cherry Pie easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- 2 In a bowl, mix the cherries, cherry juice, almond extract, brown sugar, white sugar, and flour until the sugar has dissolved; allow to stand while you prepare pastry dough, about 15 minutes.
- 3 Line a 9-inch pie dish with a pastry crust, and fill with the cherry filling; sprinkle small chunks of butter over the filling. Top with the remaining crust, and crimp the edges to seal; cut several steam vents into the top crust with a sharp paring knife.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until the cherry filling is bubbling and thickened and the pie crust is browned, 35 to 40 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.
- Cook's Notes
- I have been taught to watch for the pie to look like it is "breathing" (i.e., the center rises and falls like a person literally breathing). I also should mention that you may need to cover the edges of the pie with foil the first twenty minutes of baking to prevent over-browning of the edges.
- Substitute 3 tablespoons of quick-cooking tapioca for flour, if desired.
Per Serving: 472 calories; 22.4 grams of fat; 64.5 grams of carbohydrates; 4.8 grams of protein; 5 milligrams of cholesterol; 331 milligrams of sodium.