This is an unusual but good recipe.
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 10 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 ½ cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 Place the stock in a large pot over high heat. Bring to a boil, stir in the garlic and reduce heat to low.
- 2 In separate skillet over medium heat, combine the butter and flour and stir well for a few minutes. Add the garlic and stock mixture along with the wine, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil to thicken.
- 3 Stir in the cheese and serve immediately. (Do NOT allow to boil once cheese has been added, and do not allow to sit long or the cheese will separate out.)
- Calories 282.4
- Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 61.8 mg
- Fat 20.3 g
- Fiber 0.2 g
- Protein 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Sodium 89.4 mg
- Sugar 0.9 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.