Chicken is stir-fried with red bell pepper and sugar snap peas and served over rice in this Szechuan-inspired dish perfect for a weeknight.
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 1 ¼ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (6 ounce) packages sugar snap peas
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ⅓ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Place rice in a saucepan and cover with water. Mix with your fingers until water is cloudy; drain. Repeat once more. Add 1 1/2 cup water and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until water is absorbed, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat and uncover.
- 2 Mix remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, chicken breasts, and cornstarch together in a bowl.
- 3 Set a wok or large skillet over high heat and add oil. Add chicken, sugar snap peas, and red bell pepper. Cook, without stirring, for 1 minute. Stir or toss until chicken is lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- 4 Whisk soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, garlic, sugar, and chili garlic sauce together in a bowl. Pour into the wok. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 5 Divide rice among 4 plates. Top with chicken and sauce. Garnish with green onions.
- Calories 555.3
- Carbohydrate 67.3 g
- Cholesterol 73.2 mg
- Fat 13.2 g
- Fiber 6.3 g
- Protein 37.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Sodium 1491.3 mg
- Sugar 3.8 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.