With a surprising taco-flavor, this rich and creamy cheese ball is shaped and decorated like a wreath so it’s perfect for your holiday table. Serve with crackers, corn chips, or Fritos® Scoops®.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- ½ (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, stems removed
- 4 stalks green onions, roughly chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
- 1 medium Roma tomato, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped white onion
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Line a 16-ounce bowl with plastic wrap, allowing excess to hang over the sides.
- 2 Combine cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and taco seasoning in a food processor; process until well combined. Add green onions, ½ of the cilantro leaves, and green chiles and pulse until well combined with flecks of green; do not fully process.
- 3 Transfer cheese mixture to the lined bowl and press to smooth. Cover and refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to 8 hours or overnight.
- 4 Invert cheese onto a serving platter and remove plastic. Use a small shot glass or spoon to create a hole in the center of the cheese to form a wreath shape.
- 5 Finely chop remaining cilantro leaves and lightly cover the top of the cheese. Combine tomato, onion, and jalapeno in a small bowl and place over the cilantro in a 1-inch ring around the wreath.
- Calories 146.2
- Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 37.4 mg
- Fat 12.3 g
- Fiber 0.5 g
- Protein 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Sodium 355.4 mg