This is a very quick appetizer recipe and a good way to use up the crumbs from your tortilla chips. Flavored chips work well with this recipe. Also try using the spicier taco seasoning mix if you want a hotter chicken. Recipe can he multiplied as many times as needed. Serve with hot pepper sauce, if desired.
- 1 (16 ounce) package chicken drumettes
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chip crumbs
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry. In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the taco seasoning mix and tortilla chip crumbs.
- 3 Roll chicken pieces in chip mixture and place coated chicken in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Turn chicken pieces and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Calories 460.8
- Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 116.5 mg
- Fat 28.2 g
- Fiber 0.9 g
- Protein 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Sodium 1045.9 mg
- Sugar 2.2 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.