My kids wanted nachos. I didn’t have a recipe, so I created this one. It was a hit with us!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ pound processed cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 (12 ounce) package tortilla chips
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- ½ cup chopped fresh tomato
- ⅓ cup chopped green onions
- 1 Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and mix in taco seasoning mix and water. Continue cooking 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 2 Place processed cheese and milk in a small, microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high until melted, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir until blended and smooth.
- 3 Place tortilla chips on a large, microwave safe dish. Spread with refried beans. Top with beef and cheese and mixtures.
- 4 Microwave approximately 2 minutes on high, until the cheese has melted into the beef. Top with tomato and green onions. Serve warm.
- Calories 787.6
- Carbohydrate 57.1 g
- Cholesterol 115.9 mg
- Fat 48.5 g
- Fiber 7.2 g
- Protein 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Sodium 1576 mg
- Sugar 6.4 g