Like a taco in a bowl! Serve with cheese, tortilla chips, and sour cream.
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) can chopped stewed tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) package corn tortilla chips
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook ground beef and onion until meat is evenly brown; drain excess fat. Mix in water, tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning mix. Cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in the avocado.
- 2 Ladle hot soup into serving bowls. Pass cheese, tortilla chips, and sour cream to top each serving.
- Calories 656.8
- Carbohydrate 61.5 g
- Cholesterol 61.1 mg
- Fat 37.3 g
- Fiber 10.9 g
- Protein 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13 g
- Sodium 1128.1 mg
- Sugar 5.8 g