A hearty bean soup with a spicy taco flavor. Garnish with cheese and sour cream.
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can white hominy, drained
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- ¼ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 In a Dutch oven, brown ground beef or turkey with chopped onion, stirring frequently. Once beef is browned drain grease from pan.
- 2 Add canned tomatoes, kidney beans, hominy, taco seasoning and ranch salad dressing mix. Mix well and let simmer over low heat for two hours. (Add 1 to 2 cups of water if necessary to make soup the desired consistency)
- 3 Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with shredded Cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
- Calories 501.8
- Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Cholesterol 94.3 mg
- Fat 28 g
- Fiber 7.3 g
- Protein 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Sodium 1543.3 mg
- Sugar 3.1 g