- Published Aug 12th
- Ready In4h 30m
Tacos de Carne Asada Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Tacos de Carne Asada for 8 servings:
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 pounds flank steak, trimmed of fat
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Tacos de Carne Asada Cooking Instructions
- Ready In4h 30m
To cook Tacos de Carne Asada, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Tacos de Carne Asada is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Tacos de Carne Asada within 4 hours 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Tacos de Carne Asada easily:
- 1 Combine jalapeno, garlic, kosher salt, and 1 teaspoon black pepper in a mortar. Grind into a paste.
- 2 Pour lime juice, orange juice, and vinegar into a glass bottle or lidded container; add garlic mixture and shake well. Place steak in a shallow bowl and pour marinade over. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until steak absorbs flavors, 4 to 6 hours.
- 3 Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- 4 Remove steak from the marinade and place on a cutting board. Season with salt and pepper and slice against the grain into thin strips.
- 5 Grill until slightly charred and light pink in the center, about 5 minutes per side.
- Cook's Note:
- You can marinate for as little as 1 hour but do not marinate for more than 8 hours or the meat gets mushy.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 259 calories; 21.7 grams of fat; 2.8 grams of carbohydrates; 13.7 grams of protein; 36 milligrams of cholesterol; 295 milligrams of sodium.