A sure crowd pleaser of flavorful steak with a southwestern twist! Serve with soft flour tortilla shells, lettuce, pico de gallo, and guacamole.
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 pounds flank steak, trimmed of fat
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Combine jalapeno, garlic, kosher salt, and 1 teaspoon black pepper in a mortar. Grind into a paste.
- 2 Pour lime juice, orange juice, and vinegar into a glass bottle or lidded container; add garlic mixture and shake well. Place steak in a shallow bowl and pour marinade over. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until steak absorbs flavors, 4 to 6 hours.
- 3 Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- 4 Remove steak from the marinade and place on a cutting board. Season with salt and pepper and slice against the grain into thin strips.
- 5 Grill until slightly charred and light pink in the center, about 5 minutes per side.
- Calories 259.5
- Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 35.7 mg
- Fat 21.7 g
- Fiber 0.7 g
- Protein 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Sodium 295 mg
- Sugar 0.7 g