- Published Aug 18th
- Ready In3h 15m
Taiwanese Dumplings Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Taiwanese Dumplings for 20 servings:
- 2 heads napa cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 2 egg whites
- 3 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1 (2 inch) piece ginger root, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 (16 ounce) packages potsticker wrappers, or more as needed
Taiwanese Dumplings Cooking Instructions
- Prep1h 15m
- Ready In3h 15m
To cook Taiwanese Dumplings, you need about 1 hour 15 minutes of preparation time. The following are the steps to cook Taiwanese Dumplings easily:
- 1 Spread cabbage and cilantro over a clean dish towel. Gather up towel and squeeze out as much moisture from the cabbage as possible.
- 2 Transfer cabbage and cilantro to a bowl. Add pork, egg whites, jalapeno peppers, ginger, and sesame oil. Mix thoroughly with your hands. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3 Cover 2 baking sheets with waxed paper. Fill a small bowl with water.
- 4 Hold a potsticker wrapper in the palm of your hand. Place a tablespoonful of the pork mixture in the center. Dip a finger in water and use it to wet the edges of the wrapper. Fold up edges and pinch together to seal. Transfer dumpling to a prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining wrappers and pork mixture.
- 5 Freeze dumplings until firm, about 2 hours. Transfer to large resealable plastic bags.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute 2 leeks for the napa cabbages if desired. I've also made these with 1 head of napa cabbage, 1 head of bok choy, and 1 bunch of scallions. It's a great combo, too.
- If you have any dumplings that did not seal completely or that have broken skin, do not freeze them, they'll fall apart later. Just cook those for dinner tonight instead.
- To cook frozen dumplings, boil for about 5 minutes before pan-frying in a greased skillet over medium heat until browned on all sides. If the dumplings have not been frozen, skip the boiling step.
Per Serving: 304 calories; 8.3 grams of fat; 40.6 grams of carbohydrates; 15.6 grams of protein; 35 milligrams of cholesterol; 426 milligrams of sodium.