A very rich soup to serve on a very cold night! I love this recipe passed to me by my good friend Tasha! I make this one when I have a lot of people to feed. You can let people fix it how they want to, chips or no chips. I like to add sour cream sometimes on top.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 (16 ounce) cans ranch style chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers (such as RO*TEL®)
- ½ (1 pound) loaf processed cheese food (such as Velveeta®), cubed
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 Heat a large pot over medium-high heat and stir in the ground beef. Cook and stir until the beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease.
- 2 Add the ranch beans, pinto beans, corn, tomatoes with green chiles, processed cheese food, half-and-half cream, heavy cream, taco seasoning, and ranch dressing mix. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- 3 Reduce heat to medium-low, and continue to simmer until cheese food is melted, about 20 minutes.
- Calories 549.2
- Carbohydrate 36 g
- Cholesterol 132.2 mg
- Fat 36.5 g
- Fiber 5.9 g
- Protein 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Sodium 1417.6 mg
- Sugar 4.3 g