Delicious tempeh in an easy recipe combining ginger, garlic, soy sauce and maple syrup. Serve over rice with green veggies. This is an old stand by recipe which I learned from my uncle who used to marinate chicken wings with these ingredients!
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 cloves garlic, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (8 ounce) packages tempeh, sliced diagonally
- 1 Process soy sauce, water, maple syrup, garlic, and ginger together in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- 2 Pour oil into a baking dish. Place tempeh on top of oil and pour soy sauce mixture over tempeh. Cover dish with aluminum foil and marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
- 3 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 4 Bake tempeh, covered with aluminum foil, in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove aluminum foil, increase heat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and continue baking until tempeh is slightly brown, about 15 minutes more.
- Calories 170.6
- Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Fat 9.5 g
- Fiber 0.1 g
- Protein 11 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Sodium 457.5 mg
- Sugar 6 g