I was so happy when these worked out! I’ve used them with pasta and marinara and also on a sub. Yum!
- 1 (8 ounce) package tempeh, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- 2 Bring a pot of water to a boil; cook tempeh in the boiling water to soften the flavor of the tempeh, about 5 minutes. Drain and cool tempeh.
- 3 Place bread in a food processor and pulse until evenly crumbled. Transfer bread to a large bowl. Crumble cooled tempeh over bread crumbs; add Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes; mix well using your hands. Form tempeh mixture into 1-inch balls and arrange 'meatballs' on the prepared baking sheet.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes; flip 'meatballs' and continue cooking until lightly browned, about 10 more minutes.
- Calories 72.7
- Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 19.9 mg
- Fat 3.6 g
- Fiber 0.6 g
- Protein 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1 g
- Sodium 112.7 mg
- Sugar 0.4 g