- Published Aug 11th
- Ready In14h 25m
I get requests for this recipe all the time! I have made it with chicken and leftover Thanksgiving turkey as well, but beef is my favorite!
Tequila Slow-Cooked Beef Enchiladas Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Tequila Slow-Cooked Beef Enchiladas for 12 servings:
- 1 (3 pound) beef roast
- 3 cups tequila
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed and diced
- 3 cups uncooked rice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 (6 ounce) cans diced green chile peppers, divided
- 4 (7.75 ounce) cans spicy enchilada sauce
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans mild enchilada sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (12 ounce) bag shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 12 (12 inch) flour tortillas, or more as needed
Tequila Slow-Cooked Beef Enchiladas Cooking Instructions
- Cook13h 10m
- Ready In14h 25m
To cook Tequila Slow-Cooked Beef Enchiladas, you need about 45 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Tequila Slow-Cooked Beef Enchiladas is about 13 hours 10 minutes , and you can serve your Tequila Slow-Cooked Beef Enchiladas within 14 hours 25 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Tequila Slow-Cooked Beef Enchiladas easily:
- 1 Combine beef roast, tequila, jalapeno peppers, and garlic in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low until tender, 12 to 18 hours.
- 2 Shred beef using 2 forks; let it cool, about 30 minutes. Transfer shredded beef to a plate using a slotted spoon, reserving cooking liquid in the slow cooker.
- 3 Pour reserved cooking liquid into a large pot; stir in rice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 4 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 5 Mix black beans, refried beans, and 1 can green chile peppers together in a bowl.
- 6 Mix spicy enchilada sauce, mild enchilada sauce, and tomato paste together in a bowl until smooth. Spread a thin layer of sauce in the bottom of a deep baking dish.
- 7 Spoon 1/4 cup bean mixture, 1/4 cup rice, 1/2 cup shredded beef, 1 tablespoon sauce, and 2 tablespoons Mexican cheese blend over 1 tortilla. Roll up tortilla and place seam side-down in the baking dish. Repeat with remaining ingredients until baking pan is full.
- 8 Cover tortillas with a thick layer of sauce and remaining cheese. Spread remaining 1 can green chile peppers over cheese.
- 9 Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is bubby and golden brown, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Per Serving: 1015 calories; 34.5 grams of fat; 103.7 grams of carbohydrates; 40 grams of protein; 82 milligrams of cholesterol; 2272 milligrams of sodium.