Bacon-wrapped scallops lightly marinated in a teriyaki, fresh grated ginger, and brown sugar sauce. These are always a huge hit at every party I go to. They disappear fast and then I’m always asked for the recipe. I often hear comments such as, What an awesome combination!!! and These are so additive!!
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
- 18 slices bacon, halved crosswise
- 12 large sea scallops, cut into thirds
- 36 toothpicks
- 1 Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- 2 Whisk teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, and ginger in a bowl.
- 3 Wrap each piece of scallop with a strip of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Dip each bacon wrapped scallop in the teriyaki sauce mixture and arrange on one of the prepared baking sheets.
- 4 Broil in preheated oven until lightly charred, about 6 minutes. Flip scallops and transfer to the clean baking sheet and return scallops to the oven. Continue to broil until bacon is charred on the second side, about 6 minutes more.
- Calories 144.8
- Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 31.7 mg
- Fat 6.2 g
- Protein 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Sodium 864 mg
- Sugar 7.6 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.