I like things that are a little unexpected and unusual. But easy. Everyone raves about the full flavors and textures of this chowder. For the adventuresome–enjoy!
- 1 ½ cups chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 cups medium salsa
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1 In a large saucepan, saute onions in margarine. Stir in flour, chili powder, and cumin. Add corn, picante sauce, and broth. Bring to boil; remove from heat.
- 2 Gradually add 1/4 cup hot mixture to cream cheese in a small bowl. Stir until blended.
- 3 Add cream cheese mixture and milk to saucepan, stirring until well blended. Heat through but do not boil. Serve immediately.
- Calories 299
- Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Cholesterol 44.8 mg
- Fat 18.6 g
- Fiber 4.4 g
- Protein 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Sodium 705.8 mg
- Sugar 9 g