This casserole uses basic pantry staples for a quick weeknight meal. Garnish with sour cream and sliced avocado.
- ½ pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ (15.25 ounce) can corn, drained
- ½ (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ (5.6 ounce) package Spanish rice mix (such as Knorr®)
- ¼ cup salsa
- cooking spray
- ½ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef until browned and crumbly, about 6 minutes. Drain off any grease.
- 3 Add butter and onion to the skillet. Saute until onion is softened and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle in taco seasoning and pour in tomato sauce. Stir to combine. Add broth, corn, black beans, Spanish rice mix, and salsa; mix well.
- 4 Spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Pour the beef mixture into the casserole dish. Top with Cheddar cheese.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and filling is bubbling, about 20 minutes.
- Calories 411
- Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Cholesterol 58.7 mg
- Fat 17.7 g
- Fiber 6.7 g
- Protein 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Sodium 1776.3 mg
- Sugar 7.2 g