- Published Aug 8th
- Ready In1h
Texas Hash Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Texas Hash for 6 servings:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (8.75 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 slices processed American cheese
Texas Hash Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h
To cook Texas Hash, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Texas Hash is about 45 minutes , and you can serve your Texas Hash within 1 hour . The following are the steps to cook Texas Hash easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 2 quart (8 inch round) casserole dish.
- 2 In a medium saucepan, bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Stir in instant rice, cover and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- 3 In a medium skillet over high heat, brown ground beef with onions and green pepper. Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and chili powder. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- 4 Stir cooked rice into the beef mixture. Mix in the corn, salt and pepper.
- 5 Pour the mixture into prepared casserole dish. Cut the American cheese slices in half and place over the top.
- 6 Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 543 calories; 21.1 grams of fat; 64.5 grams of carbohydrates; 23.8 grams of protein; 70 milligrams of cholesterol; 720 milligrams of sodium.