This beef, veggies and rice casserole is easy to make and a family favorite.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (8.75 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 slices processed American cheese
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 2 quart (8 inch round) casserole dish.
- 2 In a medium saucepan, bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Stir in instant rice, cover and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- 3 In a medium skillet over high heat, brown ground beef with onions and green pepper. Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and chili powder. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- 4 Stir cooked rice into the beef mixture. Mix in the corn, salt and pepper.
- 5 Pour the mixture into prepared casserole dish. Cut the American cheese slices in half and place over the top.
- 6 Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Calories 542.5
- Carbohydrate 64.5 g
- Cholesterol 70.1 mg
- Fat 21.1 g
- Fiber 4.4 g
- Protein 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Sodium 720.3 mg
- Sugar 7.3 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.