I love Thai food, and I adore barbecue. While experimenting one day, I came up with these beauties. They might not be ‘authentic’ but they sure hit the spot.
- 1 ¾ pounds lean ground beef
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons lemon grass, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 red chili peppers, seeded and minced
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 limes
- 1 Preheat grill for high heat.
- 2 In a large bowl, mix together ground round, bread crumbs, lemon grass, shallot, chili peppers, and peanuts. Season with salt and pepper. Form into patties. If you are making these ahead of time, do not add peanuts until you are ready to grill.
- 3 Lightly oil grate, and place burgers on grill. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from grill, and sprinkle burgers with lime juice.
- Calories 437.6
- Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 99.3 mg
- Fat 31 g
- Fiber 1.8 g
- Protein 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Sodium 159.9 mg
- Sugar 2.1 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.