- Published May 19th
- Ready In45m
Thai Coconut Chicken Soup (Noodle Bowl) Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Thai Coconut Chicken Soup (Noodle Bowl) for 4 servings:
- 1 (8 ounce) package dried Thai rice noodles
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 fresh red chile pepper, minced, or more to taste
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 pinch white sugar, or to taste
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 3 eaches green onions, sliced
- 1 small bunch fresh basil leaves, chopped
Thai Coconut Chicken Soup (Noodle Bowl) Cooking Instructions
- Ready In45m
To cook Thai Coconut Chicken Soup (Noodle Bowl), you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Thai Coconut Chicken Soup (Noodle Bowl) is about 25 minutes , and you can serve your Thai Coconut Chicken Soup (Noodle Bowl) within 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Thai Coconut Chicken Soup (Noodle Bowl) easily:
- 1 Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Remove from heat, add noodles, and cover.
- 2 Peel and discard tough outer leaves from lemongrass. Roughly chop pale inner stalk and transfer to a food processor; pulse until minced, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 3 Bring chicken broth to a boil in another large pot. Add lemongrass, chicken, mushrooms, red chile pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; stir in coconut milk, ginger, fish sauce, and garlic. Simmer soup gently until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the chicken reads at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), 10 to 15 minutes.
- 4 Transfer chicken to a cutting board; slice thinly and return to the pot. Stir in lime juice and sugar.
- 5 Drain noodles and divide among serving bowls. Ladle soup on top. Garnish with a lime wedge, green onions, and basil.
Per Serving: 484.1 calories; 58.5 g of carbohydrate; 22.1 mg of cholesterol; 22.9 g of fat; 3 g of fiber; 13.1 g of protein; 18.8 g of saturatedFat; 2119.5 mg of sodium; 3.4 g of sugar;