This is a delicious pie filling. It’s also a great recipe if you have a helper. If any juice bubbles over, it tastes really good on top of ice cream.
- 1 (15 ounce) package double crust ready-to-use pie crust
- 3 cups cherries, pitted
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, cut into bits
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place bottom pie crust into a 9-inch pie pan; made pricks along the bottom with a fork.
- 2 Bake in the preheated oven until pie crust is lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Remove crust from oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- 3 Combine cherries, sugar, cornstarch, and almond extract together in a bowl. Pour cherry mixture into the prepared pie pan; dot with butter. Cover with top crusts, crimp the edges to seal, and cut vents into the top with a sharp knife. Place the pie on a foil-covered baking sheet.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. If it is browning too fast cover the pie with an aluminum foil tent. Continue baking until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 10 to 20 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool, about 15 minutes.
- Calories 395.2
- Carbohydrate 52.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Fat 19.6 g
- Fiber 3.1 g
- Protein 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6 g
- Sodium 273.8 mg
- Sugar 26.6 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.