I received a basic thai peanut sauce recipe from a very kind friend back in Oregon who worked at a popular Thai restaurant there and modified it with my own taste. Made this a lot of times and always got rave reviews, try it and you won’t regret it!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 ¼ cups creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 (13.5 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1 Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, and cook until the aroma of the garlic has mellowed, about 1 minute. Add the red curry paste, and stir for 1 minute more. Whisk in the peanut butter, brown sugar, chili powder, cayenne pepper, fish sauce, sesame oil, and coconut milk. Bring to a simmer, whisking occasionally, until the sauce has thickened and is smooth.
- Calories 178.8
- Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Fat 15.9 g
- Fiber 1.2 g
- Protein 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Sodium 100.5 mg
- Sugar 6.8 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.